Welcome to the Infinite Flight Community

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Please have a browse of the topics below. They are useful guides and collections of information created by the community and moderators that will help you understand how this forum works.

A Beginners Guide to the Forum

Respect on the Forum

What are Trust Levels and how do they work?

Frequently Asked Questions

As a new user, what are my limitations?

As a new user to the forum, you start out as Trust Level 0 (TL0) for a new user. Your first few posts must be approved by moderators. As a TL0 user, you are not allowed to post in the #live:va, #live:events, #features and #real-world-aviation categories, you must be trust level 2 (TL2). Your first posts may be rejected if you are trying to post a feature request or a topic that has little or not susbtance to it.

How do I get to Trust Level 2 (TL2)?

Keep reading, posting, liking, and following the guidelines and you’ll get there in no time! Also, be sure to search for any similar existing posts before making your own, in order to avoid making a duplicate topic.

I have an idea for a feature?

All feature and livery requests should be posted in the #features category. Remember that you must be TL2 to post in that cateogry and also to please search before posting so you are not creating duplicates.

I have a cool Infinite Flight photo or video I would like to post?

It is truly amazing some of the photos that our community has captured. Photos can be posted on the Infinite Flight Official Photos thread. Videos should be posted in the Infinite Flight Official Videos thread

I have a cool YouTube channel, where can I post that?

There is an existing thread for Community YouTube Channels

I would like to start a Virtual Airline (VA)

IFC VAs are governed by the Infinite Flight VA Regulatory Board (IFVARB). This group manages the applications and list of approved VA databases.

IFVARB Information Thread

Current VA/VO Database

What are some general forum guidelines?
  • Be respectful to others and keep your language PG.
  • No advertising of Discord links.
  • The forum is not a chatroom.
  • Use your words. Please use more than “thanks” or “I like this idea”.
  • Use the like button instead of replying.
  • Search before posting.
  • Give credit where credit is due. If you reference an article online or use a picture, state where you got it from.

Air Traffic Control

I would like to become a member of the expert server IFATC, but how?

To control on the expert server you must meet certain criteria along with the passing of a written and practical (controlling) exam. All of the requirements and procedures can be found on the IFATC Recruiting thread.

Please note that you have to PM a recruit, do not reply to that thread. In order to PM a user you must be at least Trust Level 1 (TL1). Part of being IFATC is being an active member of the community so post, like, and contribute.

I was Reported/Ghosted and would like to know why or talk to someone about it.

Please PM the controller directly if you know their name or PM the moderators with any screen shots, your callsign used at the time, the controller’s name if available, and the time/airport it occured. The moderation team will try to reach out to the controller. Ghostings will only be reversed if it is proven to be an error on the controller’s side.

Live Servers

What are the requirements for different servers?

Casual is where anything goes. There is no live ATC and there are no violations.

Training is for Grade 2 and above. Training is where pilots and ATC can tune their skills. Some ATC may still be learning so mistakes may happen from time to time. Violations are given for speeding on the ground, over 250kts under 10,000 feet, and speeding above your specific aircraft’s specifications for your given altitude.

Expert is for Grade 3 and serious pilots. Rules and ATC are expected to be followed and pilots will be reported for failure to follow instructions. Expert server gives a great flight experience by utilizing trained IFATC controllers guiding traffic in an orderly manner.

I can’t access the Training server because of violations?

Please see NOTAM Server Access for more details.

I can't access the Expert server

Please see Expert Server Requirements for more details.

How do I see my violations and ghost reports?

Violation and Ghosting history can be found in your logbook inside the sim.
Please see this tutorial for more information.

Flight Tutorials
ATC Tutorials

The Fine Print

Terms of Service
How we Moderate

If you can fly anywhere you want, where would you fly to?
New Lufthansa Livery
How do I know if I'm on TL2?
Infinite Flight ATC Recruiting
Brand New to Infinite Flight
IFCI - Infinite Flight Community Interviews
What can I do
A Beginner's Guide to the Forums
My first topic
I keep disconnected from expert server
Server issue
I'm new
Infinite Flight ATC Recruiting