Peter S ATC Tracking Thread {CLOSED}

Hi all. I am currently practicing for my IFATC practical. I would appreciate some business :)

Currently Controlling-
Server-
Weather-
What I Need to Practice-
NOTAMS-

Please excuse my mistakes, as I am still learning. Feedback is appreciated.
Weather data provided by LiveFlight

@Thomas_G just fixed your Title, just remember to you the format shown in the thread I’ve linked below in the future: 👇

Here’s the format in case you only wanted to take a look at that: Name | Airport ICAO | Server | Status

Also remember to change you title to Closed when you’re done controlling :)

Good Luck!

Thanks for the help with the formatting!

EGLL Ground on TS1 is now open, and will be open for 30 minuets

If you are practicing for your IFATC practical, I would recommend controlling Tower aswell, not just ground.

KLAX Apporach is now open and will be open for 15 minuets

KJFK Tower is now open and will be open for 30 minuets

Transition was fine, but when I changed and called inbound, youve got to tell me how you’d like me to get there using pattern instruction like enter left downwind 22r, basically all landing aircraft need a pattern instruction, a sequence if they arnt first in line for the runway and to be cleared. Shouldve been cleared for option for touch and go and given a traffic direction (or told in misc no pattern work).

I know its hard to get feedback in these off hours, but keep practicing and watching the tutorials and you’ll be ifatc before you know it!

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback!

EGLL Approach is now open, and will be open for 30 minuets

Don’t worry much about approach starting off, the initial exam is for tower and ground. Can’t even start training for approach until you’ve been IFATC for 60 days, with another exam.

Thanks! I already tried to take the practical, but I unfortunately failed, so I’m trying to get as much practice in as possible to pass the next time, along with watching the tutorials and taking notes

Hi Peter, to help you prepare for your practical, I share you my ‘ATC golden rules’, which you will see applied in the IFATC tutorial videos on YouTube.

1. Watch aircrafts on your platform. Good Ground control is important. Use hold position and give way instructions. Give way instructions are sometimes give before a taxi instruction.
  2. Understand the concept of the Pattern. Know your departure, crosswind, downwind, base and final legs.
  3. every new inbound always first gets a pattern entry instruction, to inform the pilot how he should approach
  4. Every runway change always first gets a pattern entry instruction
  5. “sequencing is your friend”. Very important. It is used to tell pilots who to follow.Re-sequence if this helps to provide clarity. Extend downwind, I’ll call your base, and speed instructions are not meant for sequencing. Use sequence instructions, as many and as often as is needed.
  6. Use I’ll call your base, to delay the base turn of an inbound aircraft. Apply this to create space to allow outbound aircrafts to depart, or to avoid clashes with other aircrafts.
  7. aircrafts remaining in the pattern get a touch and go with an exit turn direction. This is needed only once. After this, the pilot will assume the same exit direction (number 1, cleared for the option, after the option make left traffic).
  8. Timely clearance for landing or for the option
  9. landed aircrafts all get a runway exit instruction. Know your exit procedures
  10. an inbound aircraft only gets one (1) landing/option clearance.

Any questions, let me know.

Hay Peter! As I read all the airports you have opened, it seems you are opening the most popular airports. I would personally open airports that never see any traffic. This will allow for you to do your ATC job to the fullest. A couple examples are:

-KPDX
-LGAV
-KISP

Thank you for the tips! Fortunately, I know almost all of these because I watch the tutorials and take notes, but if some of these I didn’t know, I’ll note them ;)

The only problem with that, is no one really pays attention to my tracking thread :/

KPDX Ground and Tower is now open!

Thank you! I am still learning, so please excuse any mistakes I make ;)

Sorry, I’m not going to be able to make it. I’m having issues connecting to the server.

No preassure ;)