My everyday job I love

Florida am departure for 757-200 freighter I'm getting ready and launched out. What a job!

Where headed? Memphis?

Lovely! Enjoy your flyings 🛫

It must be fun to fly for an Airline (Especially FedEx)

Nice pictures! Love that sunrise! 🌅

The man in the first picture, is he the POC or F/O or just a mechanic? I usually thought that they wore stars and bars even though they were a cargo airline.

He is avionics setting up and checking out GPS.

I need to clarify that I'm Quality Control Inspector and I'm getting the aircraft ready for departure for flight crew.

Awesome! It must be a hard work as you have to inspect many things in the flight deck. Wish you luck and enjoy your friday! 😊

Ahh, it looked like he was filing the flight plan in the FMC.

Actually, your spot on. He was doing that, good observation.

Nice! Hope you enjoyed flight!

I love this. We need more of these types of detailed personal threads. You are lucky to get to work so close to jets.

I agree, but more detail is required!

Your job sounds fascinating, maybe share a bit of background, what your job involves or a couple of stories.

Excited to hear more!

Today I'm at work and the aircraft I'm assigned to just completed a heavy maintenance check and the crew is on board doing ground checks then they go up for 2 hours for test flight.

That is one beautiful aircraft!

Today is test flight day, where the test crew will perform a thorough ground check of all systems and later in the afternoon will go up for a 2 hour flight test. Any findings on the check will be addressed and work during and after debrief. Normally the aircraft will be scheduled for revenue the next day with a replacement aircraft ready for it's maintenance check.

Aircraftnready for ground checks

Sorry for misspell

That is beautiful. How old is that jet? It's is either very new or you are very good at your job. Or both ;)

These pictures are magnificent. You're so lucky to work around aircraft, especially as they're your passion.