Must See Locations - Discover the World! | Community Built Location Database

Must See Locations - Discover the World!

I have produced this thread so we can build a database of the most beautiful, challenging or noteworthy locations from right across the world. This will allow those pilots that are doing world tours or those of us who fly the same old boring routes to have a guide to reference from people in the know who have experienced these approaches, airfields, landmarks and glorious pieces of scenery.

For submissions please ensure you have formatted as below, to ease the addition. This has been made a wiki to allow Regulars to add posts within the format. For those unable, please comment below using the format and we will add it as soon as possible!

• Country
  • Description
Submission Example

Example:

• USA
  • 36.1070° N, 112.1130° W
  • Scenery
  • The Grand Canyon is 277 miles (446 km) long, up to 18 miles (29 km) wide and attains a depth of over a mile (6,093 feet or 1,857 meters). This scenery is mimicked within IF, giving a very true and real representation of this Wonder of the World. 100% Worth a visit.

The List of Locations

Asia

Mt Fuji
  • 35.3606° N, 138.7278° E
  • Scenery
  • Mount Fuji is the highest mountain in Japan and is a active stratovolcano. It’s blue color set with a certain time set with certain aircraft make for an awesome screenshot. Absolutely beautiful in the real world and absolutely beautiful in the virtual world as well.
Chitose, Hokaido
  • 42.796N,141.6705
  • Scenery
  • As a half Japanese who loves Japan,I know the real good spots in Japan and here’s a great one,Chitose (千歳) is a beautiful place in central Hokkaido and is located in Ishikari Subprefecture. Chitose draws many tourists in to enjoy. New Chitose Airport (RJCC) is also the largest airport in the Hokkaido Region. As u fly to or approach from the west you will come across a breathtaking view of amazing high mountains and the big lake called Shikotsu. As you exit the mountains you come across a flat plain and then get to see the amazing mountains from a lower perspective. One of my favorite airports to fly to during my free time.
Naha, Okinawa
  • 26.2064N,127.6465E
  • Scenery
  • Naha (那覇) which is the biggest city in Okinawa Prefecture(沖縄県) is a beautiful place in Reality and IF. In fact the entire Ryukyu island chain is.
    When you enter Okinawa or depart Okinawa you will the amazing small islands surrounded my crystal clear ocean water and you will see some small mountains on some other nearby islands with the ocean surrounding it.
    The airport (ROAH) has amazing scenery surrounding it of course. There are also many military bases around the islands.
    Okinawa attracts many tourists and has good food in reality

Himalayan Range
  • 28.5983° N, 83.9311° E
  • Scenery
  • The Himalayan range has many of the Earth’s highest peaks, including the highest, Mount Everest. The Himalayas include over fifty mountains exceeding 7,200 metres (23,600ft) in elevation, including ten of the fourteen 8,000 meter peaks. They’re beautiful to take pictures of and contain Lukla/Tenzing Hillary Airport, which is highly regarded as the most dangerous and difficult airport to land at in the world.

Africa

Praia Int Airport

• 14.9453° N, 23.4865° W

• Scenery

• Praia International Airport, is an airport located on Santiago Island in Cape Verde and being the island’s airport, also it is Sotavento’s only place for international flights. It was opened in late 2005, replacing the old Francisco Mendes International Airport. It is located about 3 km northeast of central Praia in the southeastern part of the island of Santiago and is in the northern part of the neighbourhood of Achada Grande Tras.

Ngorongoro Crater
  • 3.1618° S, 35.5877° E
  • Scenery
  • The Ngorongoro Crater is a huge crater caused by the collapse of a volcano millions of years ago. It covers some 260 square kilometres (100 square miles) of Tanzanian wilderness, and makes for a truly spectacular flyover.

North America

Gallantin County Approach

45°46’45.6"N 111°09’08.8"W
Scenery/Airport
A stunning approach into KBZN, with many mountains making it difficult, but well worth the approach.

Grand Canyon
  • Scenery
  • 36.1070° N, 112.1130° W
  • The Grand Canyon is 277 miles (446 km) long, up to 18 miles (29 km) wide and attains a depth of over a mile (6,093 feet or 1,857 meters). This scenery is mimicked within IF, giving a very true and real representation of this Wonder of the World. 100% worth a visit.
Jackson Hole Approach
  • 43.6084N,110.7367W
  • Scenery
  • Jackson Hole (KJAC) is an amazing place to visit both in the virtual world and in reality. The approach is stunning,It takes you over tall mountains and as you get close a valley opens up and you land in the valley. True definition of scenic and amazing. KJAC APPR may be a little difficult but take your time to admire the beauty of nature here. You won’t regret flying there!
    I don’t suggest doing a flight in a heavy as the runway is short there

South America

Exuma and the Islands Chain
  • Bahamas
  • Scenery
  • 23.6193N,75.9695W
  • Exuma and the tiny islands that surround it is a very scenic place both in reality and our IF world. The ocean color is so clear and it is just so satisfying to see and experience. There are some parts where the ocean has these stunning details and I mean like patterns (it’s wierd but super cool)The approach into MYEF is amazing and as well as departing.
    Btw this is a place irl where those swimming’s pigs are found.
    Won’t regret doing that DLVA flight from KATL to MYEF
Galapagos Islands

• Scenery
  • -0.777259 ° S, -91.142578 ° W
  • The Galapagos Islands are an archipelago that is home to some of the rarest and diverse animal species. The small islands are encompassed around with beautiful shades of water. The commercial airports in use are SEGS and SEST (this airport is not edited yet). SEII is another airport on Isla Isabela, which is the largest island of the chain. VFR flying around the islands would prove for some spectacular sights, considering the fact that this is a part of South America with 15m scenery. Volcanoes also on the island with the Volcan Wolf
    on the north side of Isla Isabela. A suggested route would be SEGU-SEGS as it is considered “a gateway to the Galapagos”.
Cape Verde
  • 14.9453° N, 23.4865° W
  • Scenery
  • Praia International Airport, is an airport located on Santiago Island in Cape Verde and being the island’s airport, also it is Sotavento’s only place for international flights. It was opened in late 2005, replacing the old Francisco Mendes International Airport. It is located about 3 km northeast of central Praia in the southeastern part of the island of Santiago and is in the northern part of the neighbourhood of Achada Grande Tras.

Antarctica

Europe

Innsbruck Approach
  • 47.261111 N, 11.363583800000015 E
  • Scenery
  • Try to approach RWY 08, use the charts. Try the Boeing 737-800 (i.e. Transavia). It’s a beautiful scenery with a small, difficult airport to approach at.

Mach Loop
  • Challenge
  • 52.7054° N, 3.8471° W
  • Challenge your flying abilities in this low level flying valley challenge. Complete the loop with your wing tips inches from brushing the tree canopy in the quickest time you can manage!

Oceania

Mamanuca Islands
  • 17° 39’ 59.99" S 177° 04’ 60.00" E
  • Scenery
  • The Mamanuca Islands of Fiji are a volcanic archipelago lying to the west of Nadi and to the south of the Yasawa Islands. The islands offer crystal clear waters, palm fringed sandy beaches and live coral reefs. Try low level flying in the Cessna C208 and take in the beautiful scenery.

-Nepal
-28.5983° N, 83.9311° E
-Scenery
-The Himalayan range has many of the Earth’s highest peaks, including the highest,Mount Everest. The Himalayas include over fifty mountains exceeding 7,200 metres (23,600 ft) in elevation, including ten of the fourteen 8,000 meter peaks. They’re beautiful to take pictures and contain Lukla/Tenzing Hillary Airport,highly regarded as the most dangerous and difficult airport to land at.

-Japan
-35.3606° N, 138.7278° E
-Scenery
-Mount Fuji is the highest mountain in japan,and is a active stratovolcano. It’s blue color set with certain time set with certain aircraft make for an awesome screenshot. Absolutely beautiful in the real world,absolutely beautiful in the virtual world.

• Austria
  • 47.261111 N, 11.363583800000015 E
  • Scenery
  • Try to approach RWY 08, use the charts. Try the Boeing 737-800 (i.e. Transavia). It’s a beautiful scenery with a small, difficult airport.

Great idea
Too tired to go reaserch some fav spots but expect a recommendation !

Himalayan Range had been added! Thanks!

Apologies for the delay in getting these added to the database, I am currently on vacation and struggling with slow Wi-Fi!

What airport is this?

Innsbruck airport, Austria

I’ll get that added now

Oh wow, this is a great idea. I might find some very beautiful places to fly to :)

I’ll get my suggestions down at some time soon and also help you edit the post as well ;)

Awesome, hoping to get lots of Locations and turn this into a bit of a library!

Looking forward to seeing some of your submissions too :)

• Bahamas

• 23.6193N,75.9695W

• Scenery

• Exuma and the tiny islands that surround it is a very scenic place both in reality and our IF world.The ocean color is so clear and it is just so satisfying to see and experience.There are some parts where the ocean has these stunning details and I mean like patterns (it’s wierd but super cool)The approach into MYEF is amazing and as well as departing.
    Btw this is a place irl where those swimming’s pigs are found
    Won’t regret doing that DLVA flight from KATL to MYEF

There we go, added yours.

Phew it was difficult to this on a phone 😅

And I’ll be waiting for them 👍🏼

I got a whole list inbound:)

• Japan

• 42.796N,141.6705

• Scenery

• As a half Japanese who loves Japan,I know the real good spots in Japan and here’s a great one,Chitose(千歳)is a beautiful place in central Hokkaido and is located in ishikari subprefcture.Chitose draws many tourists in to enjoy.New Chitose airport(RJCC) is also the largest airport in Hokkaido.As u fly to or approach from the west u will come across a breathtaking view of amazing tall mountains and the big lake Shikotsu.As you exit the mountains you come across a flat plain and then get to see the amazing mountains from a lower perspective.One of my favorite aiports to fly to during my free time.

May i just add that Hokkaido is a absolutely beautiful place. I love it 😍

I need some places to stop in France! Any suggestions?

You want suggestions for locations in France to add to the list, did i get that right?

Yeah, I’m on my tour at the moment and have just hit France need some inspirational stops haha

Marseille is a good place to visit, Southern France is beautiful or your could visit Paris, the Eiffel Tower 😉