Mother's Day Flight to Columbia, California

This past weekend for Mother’s Day my brother and I took our family out to a historic gold rush town called Columbia, near Yosemite. This was my Dad’s first time flying in a small plane and my Mom’s second. We even took up our puppy too who somehow managed to sleep for a majority of the flight :D

Initially we were planning to go to Monterey but the fog was still lingering around in the afternoon so we switched to plan B and went to Columbia. Columbia worked out well since a couple friends already flew in earlier in the day. We walked around town, met up with them, then went out for some formation flying.

Here’s a video and some pictures from the last Sunday.

Equipment used:

GoPro Hero 4 Silver
Canon 5D MkIV
Canon 28-135
Canon 70-200

Amazing content as always dude. Well done! Looks like it was a beautiful day. 😊

Awesome editing! Was this your first time formation flying, or have you already had experience with it?

Nice shots! Where did the citation come from?

Amazing video, looks awesome!

That dog is seriously cute. Nice video guys :)

That was a sweet thing you and your brother planned for mothersday. Cute dog

Thanks Matt! Weather was perfect and parents loved it (especially my Dad for his 1st time) so it was a great trip all around!

Still looking to take you up one day, shoot me a text next time you’re in town :D

Thanks! I’ve flown formation a few times in the past for air to air shoots, they’re pretty fun and safe if everybody’s coordinated and does a brief before the flight.

Thanks, it came from so-cal where it’s based

thanks @HawaiianPilot10 @Infinite.flight

we are training the puppy for a non-profit called CCI where she’ll eventually help disabled people if she passes all her exams. she’s changed over the past couple months for sure tho!

I wish I could be @cleipelt.

No problem. Just carious? How did a citation keep up with the mooney?

We were flying a Bonanza not a Mooney. It was able to keep up just fine with some flaps.

Ah apologies! When you think bout it, you don’t realize a piston single can keep up with a jet that has flaps down!