MaxFavorites: V-22 Osprey

MaxSez: Here it is the Ospray, a modern marvel. Add it to the inventory, fly it and boost your a true 21st century aviator, qualified in both fixed and rotary winged aircraft simultaneously. With the Ospray you can bypass hardened runways, get down in the dirt or cruise at FL250 + carry both pax’s and trash w/o a physical separation till your hearts content. Be the first to vote for 21st century reality in a mixed type flying simulator App!

General characteristics

Crew: Four (pilot, copilot and two flight engineers/crew chiefs)
24 troops (seated), 32 troops (floor loaded), or
20,000 lb (9,070 kg) of internal cargo, or up to 15,000 lb (6,800 kg) of external cargo (dual hook)
1× Growler light internally transportable ground vehicle[282][283]
Length: 57 ft 4 in (17.5 m)
Rotor diameter: 38 ft 0 in (11.6 m)
Wingspan: 45 ft 10 in (14 m)
Width with rotors: 84 ft 7 in (25.8 m)
Height: 22 ft 1 in/6.73 m; overall with nacelles vertical (17 ft 11 in/5.5 m; at top of tailfins)
Disc area: 2,268 ft² (212 m²)
Wing area: 301.4 ft² (28 m²)
Empty weight: 33,140 lb (15,032 kg)
Loaded weight: 47,500 lb (21,500 kg)
Max. takeoff weight: 60,500 lb (27,400 kg) (self-deploy/long runway)
Maximum rolling takeoff weight: 57,000 lb (STOL)
Maximum vertical takeoff weight: 52,600 lb[51]

V-22’s combat radius in Iraq, contrasted with the CH-46E’s smaller combat radius.
Powerplant: 2 × Rolls-Royce Allison T406/AE 1107C-Liberty turboshafts, 6,150 hp (4,590 kW) each

Maximum speed: 275 knots (509 km/h, 316 mph[284]) at sea level / 305 kn (565 km/h; 351 mph) at 15,000 ft (4,600 m)[285]
Cruise speed: 241 kn (277 mph, 446 km/h) at sea level
Stall speed: 110 kn[74] (126 mph, 204 km/h) in airplane mode
Range: 879 nmi (1,011 mi, 1,627 km)
Combat radius: 390 nmi (426 mi, 722 km)
Ferry range: 1,940 nmi (2,230 mi, 3,590 km) with auxiliary internal fuel tanks
Service ceiling: 25,000 ft (7,620 m)
Rate of climb: 2,320–4,000[74] ft/min (11.8 m/s)
Glide ratio: 4.5:1[74]
Disc loading: 20.9 lb/ft² at 47,500 lb GW (102.23 kg/m²)
Power/mass: 0.259 hp/lb (427 W/kg)
1× 7.62 mm (.308 in) M240 machine gun or .50 in (12.7 mm) M2 Browning machine gun on ramp, removable
1× 7.62 mm (.308 in) GAU-17 minigun, belly-mounted, retractable, video remote control in the Remote Guardian System [optional][128][286]

I consider this a must have inventory addition for the ambidextrous.

Seeing Laura has barely tested Helicopters in the past, I don’t see this coming in the near-futurue. However this would be nice sometime down the track. Am out of votes though

You can always remove votes for ideas that don’t make sense, aren’t logical (a330-200 liveries), and ones that have been dead for a while.

All my votes are proper things that need to be implemented…

I see this being a problem as Ospreys do not land like a plane, but instead a helicopter. This would mean new dedicated landing areas would need to be implemented. This may be a neat feature down the line but not now.

Just had one go down irl about five days ago off Australia… l like the AV-8B… but l doubt if we will see any stols and vtols for quite a while yet…maybe we should start with something basic and reliable that chops through the air instead of screwing or sucking …like an old UH-1… you remember them… l think !!!

@FlowingGlint61. MaxSez: That not a “Gung Ho” or “Can do” attitude for a future Marine (Naval) Aviator! Every thing is possible if ya really want it! Semper Fi Mac! ( look the WWll term up)

I have a model of this and it would be really awesome to see this in IF. There are other things I would rather have more than this, but I can’t believe this hasn’t been mentioned before and would be my next vote once I get one returned.

No, it’s not. Don’t get me wrong I love the Osprey and would love to pilot it in the future, as in for my career! It’s just that I want to see things like taxiway lights, landing lights, and airplane reworks in place before we move on to the beauty that is they Osprey.

MaxSez: @Recxx, you da man! “Screwing & Sucking thru the air” heard that some place before, some call it plagiarism. Regards

Wow Max if this is really one of your favorites I would’ve guessed you get the name of the aircraft right!

Well he’s right the Osprey is a feat of engineering and I would love to see it in game with 4K textures. Just a little after Global. Also Max you got my vote, my last one, I just want to see it implented a little later down the line.

@cleipelt… MasSez: Pardon my blooper! I rarely proof, I have member copyboy’s who do the light work while I envision my next poison pill post.
Thanks boyo! Regards

@Maxmustang Great request but unfortunately I don’t see this coming soon. As it would mean new Atc commands and Pilot responses not to mention a lot of people (shoutout to my TS1 noobs) would crash using VTOL as it is vey hard to control. To be honest I would like this in IF but not a lot of people are fanatics about this. like More Jets, More GAs, More Reworked aircraft

Maybe the plane could only be used on expert server… just a thought to prevent the noobs on Ts1

@aviationex_91190… MaxSez… Not soon, ok just as long as it’s before that dog called “Con something” or the man killer "Three Hole’er). Regards

Only the copyright cops would have a problem…pretty soon every friggin word will have a copyright… and will have to risk a lawsuit just to speak our mind…truth be told…l just ran out of meritorious service awards for those who truly deserve it…who are getting fewer every day !!!

Actually, IRL… it’s not unusual for helicopters to land at facilities that lack helipads. The pilot simply follows a normal approach and glide slope… just like the airplanes. The only difference is that the helicopters stops it’s decent at 10-15 feet above the ground, exits to the taxiway and maintains this altitude to the point where it will stop, descend and shut down. The Osprey does not HAVE to take off and land vertically. It can be configured both for rolling take-off and landing… it just doesn’t use up much runway doing this.

Oh I didn’t know that. I’m assuming it’s a safe bet this doesn’t happen to often though right? I’ve just never heard of this procedure before. With that bearing in mind this makes it a much more approachable addition IF.

It happens more often than you think… For example… there is a heli- flight school at KADS (I lived near there). The helicopters are kept in their hangers and regularly ‘taxi’ to and from the runways and always use the runways for takeoff and landing. These were the available facilities and the controllers simply treat them like airplanes. We practiced auto-rotations at the end of the runways much like you’d practice touch and goes. Calling in request et al.