Infinite Flight Global Airport Tracking Thread

KSUU
Travis Air Force Base, California:

KTCM
McChord Air Force Base, Washington:

Project Kennedy:

Update #2

Most of the outskirts of the airport are complete. Time to work on cutting out the inner field and terminals.

Project Kennedy:

Update #3

JFK is shaping up nicely!

All holes are cut into the large taxiway. I’ve also added the terminals and miscellaneous buildings surrounding the airport. Time for the taxiway edge markings! :)

Unnecessary surfaces. :ban:

I’ve been flying around and noticed something at EPKK. As some of you may know the airport got a brand new terminal building in 2016, but the IF surface seems to be showing the old terminal in dark. I don’t know if this is because this airport had been made before the new terminal or if the background file was outdated and displayed the old terminal, cheers.

This isn’t the appropriate outlet to report something like this. The airport will be edited/updated by a member of the team soon though.

Thanks for letting us know.

Nathan H
Airport Editing Supervisor

@Ryan_E

I’m not really sure what your issue is with the airport. It was completed in 2017, so if the terminal was shown in the imagery the editor used, it was drawn. It is quite possible that the underlying satellite imagery does not show the terminal (some areas are quite outdated). Please refrain from posting anything in a #thirdparty:developer category, especially if the issue isn’t concrete like an elevation, or similar.

Ryan

It’s the concrete, the dark terminal concrete space is of the shape of the old terminal which had been removed since 2016. I’ll try and get a picture and send it in your messages if you’d like me to.

The original editor has expressed plans to improve the airport. A redone terminal may be in its future.

Project Kennedy:

Update #4

Terminal 1-4 Area Close-Up:

Quite a lot of progress has been made since the previous update. All taxilines within the airport are all drawn. The primary markings for terminals 1-4 are already created. Currently working on the markings for terminals 5-8 then will move forward with completing the outskirts of the airport/cargo areas.

Nathan I will be interested to see how much memory your version takes up. I know the previous version was the most greedy of all apt files in our database. This may have been due to the multiple layers used. Great job by the way.

Respectfully

Is somebody doing Nashville?(KBNA)

Also KBWI would be amazing! Especially that Southwest uses it so much!

Yes. KBNA is being redone. :)

Stop asking for airports. Here, or anywhere else. There are plenty of ways to check completed airports without asking us, and requesting an airport is simply clutter to us. We have stated this countless times, but yet we still see requests for airports. Please help us help you by stopping the requests, allowing our time to be spent editing, instead of replying to these posts.

Ryan

Complete rework of LIRN (Napoli-Capodichino)
today I started a complete rework of LIRN, an airport that I did about 1 year ago.
This was originally rejected a lot of times, and in the last mail Moritz told me
“This airport could really use a rework in the future”
Today I worked on:

• Runway & attributes
  • Concrete taxiways near main apron.

grafik
stay tuned

…and here it is:
WED_2018-04-10_16-30-45

and to compare with the actual version:

Are you gonna add Alaska Airlines new hanger

Any new additions to any airport in the real-world will be edited for Infinite Flight when appropriate.

KJFK – John F. Kennedy International Airport (Queens, NY).

Overview #1:

Overview #2:

Maintenance & Cargo Ramps

Delta Airlines Maintenance, Cargo Area A & General Aviation Ramp:

Cargo Area B:

North Cargo Area C:

South Cargo Area C (UPS Airlines):

Cargo Area D (FedEx Express):

Cargo Area D (DHL Express & China Airlines Cargo):

Far East Cargo Area D:

American Airlines Maintenance:

JetBlue Maintenance:

Terminals & Hardstands

Terminals 1-2 & Hardstands:

Terminal 4 & Hardstands:

Terminal 5 South & De-Ice Ramp:

Terminal 5 North:

Terminal 7:

Terminal 8:

After a few weeks of hard work, KJFK has been successfully updated. As some of you may or may not know, the previous version of this airport was done quite poorly and affected the performance of the simulator for many players.

This version was primarily focused on decreasing the file size and increasing the performance of it so it does not negatively affect pilots’ simulation experiences on Live.

I also want to point out that this airport is missing some details, such as service roads, which were seen in the previous version of this airport. Again, in an effort to improve performance, I’ve decided to not add them. Over the next few weeks, I will be going back and tweaking a few things in order to reduce the file size enough to where adding such details, like service roads, are more practical.