IFJoy - A free, full fledged joystick and controller for IF(mobile app)(open source)

Just for info, updating AP interface now. That is highest priority.
I prefer to make it like IF, tap and drag to update values as @niks.goen suggested.
Open to suggestions.

BTW slack has connectivity issue: https://status.slack.com/2018-06/142edcb9e52c7663

also atc menu and status bar can be like status bar in IF.

How does slack work?

Hey thank you for all you do for the community, Personally I think it would be an awesome idea for pilots at cruise to talk to each other (within a set distance of each other to prevent trolls). Of course only players who are on infinite flight will be able to use this but I think it adds a set of realism so pilots can warn each other of spacing or turbulence etc.Long hauls pilots may be afk but this is just me 2 cents. Cheers

Anyone that is trying to log into slack, cannot at the moment @niks.goen. Slack servers are down.

https://status.slack.com

I just cannot fathom that all of this is free! It’s pretty obvious you’re 100% in this to further improve Infinite Flight’s pilots experience on the app positively, and you’re not just in this for a dollar or two.

Yep, FDS has kindly created an API that allows for nice third party apps. Some developers are little greedy IMO and have decided to charge $5 for every little feature. Others charge a reasonable fee, but others like our friend @Sushruth are thankfully going the free route.

Here’s hoping that free wins! :)

Slack servers are up and running!

@Sushruth When you have the chance check my DM and we can discuss about future references etc.

Approach config with flight connect api

Everyone is entitled to OHO, but IMHO, the $5 comment is a cheap and uncalled for shot. Appreciate anything any third party developer does to improve the IF experience.

Flight controls are a big advance for mobile play howndonyou plan to incorporate this into IF I’m really excited to hear how this will be done and the step climb feature well genius

Sure hope you’re not talking about me. 😕 The 3(!) in-apps I’m providing in IF-A for $5 a piece are anything but “little” but were many, many hours of hard work and testing to earn those $5.

But, for the record, I also think free and open source stuff is great, too - what a gift to the community! I say if someone wants to donate their work to the community that could otherwise support them part-time, let’s be grateful and don’t take it for granted instead of assuming everything should be free.

Can’t we just have all kinds of third party stuff? No paid app out there currently does what this app seems to be aiming for (well, except for the step-climbs), so that’s totally awesome. You go, @Sushruth! DM me if you need assistance with anything.

Just a heads up, there was an app a few years ago that did exactly what your app is doing (minus the aircraft info) and it never really took off. It had a very basic ui so I think that’s something you could improve for your version. Otherwise, I’d think about what else could really make your app stand out.

Yes, the UI is basic. Although I am not a designer, so I depend on feedback from you folks to improve that.
Can you provide a link to the previous app, so I can see and learn what I can do better.

Thank you for your inputs. @bensonb

I think he means Introducing Infinite Flight Remote Cockpit app - not sure if it’s still being updated or not. @nicolas ?

Here’s a link about it:

@epaga yep, thats the one. It’s been removed from the app store but I’m not sure if he has any future plans.

Other than that, my app (In-Flight Assistant) does stepclimbs with the GPWS add-on, and my other app In-Flight Instruments has some flight controls like flaps and a gear lever and stuff with the flight controls add-on.

If you don’t have those yet, DM me @Sushruth and I can send you a promo code to download them for free.

But again - nothing at all against what you’re attempting here, would love to be of assistance if I can.

New beta release update available on Play Store

1. AP usability improved.
  2. Camera pan via touchpad
  3. Indicator for active commands
  4. Reverse thrust added
    and a few bug fixes
    Please try it out and let me know issues etc

I honestly cant wait for this addon to be released

A major overhaul and lots of new features, including voice callovers, map view etc.
A preview.

Special thanks to @Jan