Get it now: In-Flight Assistant (iOS) 1.05 - take IF to the next level! RAAS coming in 1.06!

haha true, otherwise the ground crew will get suck by the engines

That’s exactly my point, I feel like you should pushback and begin turning the engines on and get the safety demo. But this way you cannot get the safety demo if you hit pushback at all.

Actually this isn’t entirely true. If your APU is differed then you will start one of them at the gate (using the airstart cart). Also some smaller airports you don’t push back at all, you taxi out of the gate.

For anyone following this thread, my new app, In-Flight Instruments just hit the App Store! Get it now!

I thought that was the old one. Maybe there’s a new one, I don’t know.

Basically, ‘APPROACHING 2-5-LEFT’ or ‘ON RWY 2-5-LEFT,’ right? Or is there some more to it? I really couldn’t figure out from the Wikipedia page since I just woke up from a nap.

Yes, that is correct.

Yeah, pretty much. That’s how it works.

@epaga I’ve had the app on Android for a little while but ever since the MD-11 update it hasn’t been syncing, or it has for a couple minutes and then quits. I’ve tried restarting my device, both apps, disabling then re-enabling IF Connect, etc, but nothing works. Is there any other way I could fix it?

Does this need to be installed in the same device that runs the simulator?

Yes I believe it does

For many it has helped to disable your phone’s Power Saving mode. This tends to shut down background apps if the foreground app is using too much power, and IF uses more power since the update.

Oh haha never thought of that. Thanks!

Wow! I love this. Just discovered it and am loving every second. :-)

So glad! Now that In-Flight Instruments is out and the big bug fixed, I will be able to start focusing back on IF-A for a bit! 😁

IF API connection tutorial

Hey everyone, I’m currently in the process of thinking through 2018 and “where to go from here” with In-Flight Assistant and In-Flight Instruments. I’d really appreciate it if many of you would take the time to answer this quick survey about a list of things you’d love to see me add to either In-Flight Assistant or In-Flight Instruments.

This can include bug fixes, feature requests, or really any other crazy ideas you might have. Even if you’ve already told me your idea in the past, please go ahead and write it again in the survey, that way I’ll have it all in one place. If you think of an idea later, feel free to do the survey again or edit your response (both should be possible).

I’ll be leaving this survey open for 1 week. After this, I will collect all your requests, and am then going to try an experiment with what I’d call “Community-Driven Development”. I’m going to make a shortlist from all your requests, and you all will get to vote on what I will develop next. 🙈 Should be fun!

You all rock, and I am really thankful for this community and looking forward to hearing your crazy thoughts and ideas.

I’m gonna try this! Let’s see how this goes! Toning to get everything except voice command!

*update… @epaga ok I’m digging this! Cool! Adds much more to the experience!

More than 40 of you have responded to the survey already, with lots of thoughts! Awesome! 4 more days to go - if you haven’t yet, please let me know “where to go from here” for In-Flight Assistant and Instruments.

NOTE: this is not about Infinite Flight development. In-Flight Assistant and Instruments are third-party add-on apps for Infinite Flight. (I’ve had a couple people asking for landing gear smoke. 🙄)

IF Assistand saved me from violations a lot

Thanks John, I’ll take the survey, can’t wait for what’s in store for us!

Edit; I submitted mine