Get it now: In-Flight Assistant (iOS) 1.05 - take IF to the next level! RAAS coming in 1.06!

Yeah I was thinking that could have been the issue, but I don’t see how IFA is able to function when it’s not even in multitasking. Oh well…

Yes - I think this is the answer to the issue @SWNelson and @bensonb had. If the app is not running at all, it can’t make sounds. But if it is in slide-over mode, it won’t show up in the multitasking overview.

You should partner with infinite flight. Maybe you can sell or get a share of profits for them to incorporate your software in theirs. I feel like this will get rid of some issues since it will be 1 native app. Just a thought.

Whilst that would be cool, that’s up to FDS to decide.

Of course. But I am sure they will take it into consideration.

Sadly, there are multiple issues with this idea - not least technical. IF-A is written in Swift (iOS) and Kotlin (Android) while IF is written in C# with Xamarin. Totally different architectures.

Makes sense. Was just an idea. Will say that this is my favorite add on app for IF though and has so much potential !

Add RAAS to IF-Assistant

Hey @epaga, I was wondering, would it be hard to do altitude reminder call outs. For example, I usually forget to turn off my landing lights at 10,000. I was wondering if it would be possible to have a reminder of altitudes, so before Flight you set it in the IFA app to 10,000 or whatever, then when you reach that altitude it will say “10,000 feet”, or something like that. Possibly even a pre-warning, like “approaching 10,000 (that would be at like 9,700. 300ft before altitude)

^You seeing this @schyllberg… Now thats what I need!!

Thanks, I like this idea, but it might involve new recordings… lots on my plate right now.

Excuse my ignorance but what is RAAS?

Runway Awareness and Advisory system

@epaga, What if there were some Global specialized callouts?
For example:
Starting engine (1-4)
Engine Stable
Start descending to refuel
warning, low fuel

And also action callouts for the C130s and new MD11/DC10:
Opening Cargo door
Closing cargo door
Opening side doors
Closing side doors
Extending boom (KC10)

And other stuff like that. Let me know what you think!

Yes, this is confirmed

As in, this will be in a coming update of infinite flight assistant?!

Yes, quite probably the next one, correct @epaga?

I had this issue (not really sure if it’s an issue) I’ve noticed on my flights. @epaga I was hoping you could explain it to me.

When I spawn in I get that “ready when you are Captain” message and I begin all of my preflight things. However, I noticed that in order to get the safety demonstration you need to hit the pushback button, which I guess makes sense. However, if you hit the engine button before hitting the pushback switch, you get the “doors have been closed devices to airplane mode etc” message and no safety demo after.
So in order to get the safety demo I need to hit the pushback switch while I’m at the gate and I cannot turn on the engines until the safety demo ends.

I was curious if I’m simply doing something wrong. Thanks :)

Really? I do the opposite and it works.

So I start the engines at the gate, wait till the passenger announcements are finished, then hit pushback

Airlines dont start their engines at the gate.

I know, but that’s the only way to get the passenger announcements in the correct order