Some of us are not aviation experts (myself included) and could use a little help creating more realistic flight plans. Sometimes there may be waypoints missing from IF that need to be researched and converted. Introducing http://FPLtoIF.com!
FPLtoIF.com is a free, ad-free, mobile friendly website that will assist you in copying your flight plan from Flight Aware or SimBrief. Made from scratch by yours truly.
Once on the website, the procedures are simple:
- Select Flight Aware of SimBrief.
- Follow the instructions on the screen for each source.
- The website will analyze the generated flight plan and fill in missing waypoints with GPS coordinates where needed.
- The IF friendly flight plan will be generated. Pressing a single button will copy the plan to your clipboard
- Paste the plan into IF and you are on your way.
- Available for both solo and PRO routes.
- Additional SimBrief analysis including fuel, VS calculation, passenger count, and weight.
- Log of the last 20 plans to give you an idea of where you can fly to.
- Did I mention is it #makeitfree compliant!
- Added SimBrief support for VORs
- Added support to handle duplicate waypoints that show on the other side of the world.
Waypoint shows on other side of the world.
In real life waypoint names can be reused. Infinite flight gets confused on which waypoint you are wanting and will pull the one from the other side of the world. Simply manually remove that rogue waypoint.