Collin's ATC Tracking Thread (CLOSED)

I’m going to try out for IFATC soon and I want some more practice. Below, I will include which facility, closing/opening time, ATIS, and in which airport. I will be open for 30-120 minutes, feedback is appreciated. See you flying!

Open:
Closing:
Facility(s)
Airport:

On my way as PH ADZ.
See you there

Thanks for coming! See you there.

I lost you? azeeuwnl

I suspect you are interested in feedback, so here we go:

I was inbound from KSMS, and reported inbound for touch and go. You instructed me with cleared for the option, for 22L. What I missed here is the pattern entry instruction. Remember: every new inbound, or runway change, first gets a pattern entry instruction. This can be followed by a sequence, if needed.

When I was on final for 22L, Jet Airways reported inbound, and requested 04L (which wasn’t in use). You instructed him a sequence: ‘number 2, traffic to follow is on final. See what is wrong here? Instead you should have instructed him ‘enter left downwind, runway 22L, number 2, traffic to follow is on final’.

When I requested a change to 22R, you should have given me a pattern entry instruction (left or right downwind). Instead you gave me ‘unable’. Why? As an ATC it’s important we accommodate traffic, as much as we can.

Here’s a cool tutorial, which I’m sure will help further.

Note: I have watched it 7 times…

Feel free to PM me if you have any queries. Here to help!

Thank you so much. I knew I was doing something wrong but I didn’t know what. I’ll re-watch the the ATC videos. Thanks again.

Come stop by at PHNL!

If anyone went to PHNL I would appriciate feedback! :)

Collin, I did a few t&go’s and was very pleased with your controlling! Sequencing and clearances were good. Rwy changes and pattern entries were good. The only thing I can add is you do not have to repeat the direction of the traffic circuit but I find it a minor thing. In my opinion a pilot wants as much info as possible but the IFATC guys will remind you of this you’ll see…😊. Last but not least I felt you were in control of the situation all the time so the only thing I can say at this moment is keep up the good work! Cheers! KLM44

Thank you so much! Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.