ATR-72 Family

I kinda get your point, but efficiency and safety doesn’t really matter in a flight simulator. I know realism and all that but still this isn’t real life. It would still be an interesting plane to add (in my opinion) as we are lacking props - the dash is the only aircraft in that category that we currently have.

Dude, its a flight sim. None of this matters.

@HEYEY @ewanfleming… MaxSez: Got it fellows, realism don’t count! “Eyeball” and emotion are key components to your nomination process.
Ok, by me… Everybody has the right to an opinion here. Gooday

The Dc-10 is being added but it has a horrible safety record so why can’t FDS add the atr? Btw no hate against the Dc. One of, if not my favorite aircraft ever made.

I wasn’t implying this. Realism is one of the most important factors. But how are you really meant to add safety to the current version of IF? Crashes and that will probably be introduced in a very long time. It is still a very interesting aircraft that I think would be a good addition.

Btw, I think it’s very good to have good debates here like this one.

It wouldn’t and shouldn’t be added because it will stop the devs from making planes. And yes, they can’t implement this as there aren’t any failures that can happen in IF as of now.

And for the record saying something like that is like asking why FDS added the A320 because it looks like the 737…

@HEYEY… I can’t speak for FDS on there selection process. As for Flight Safty just one component, the thrust of my comment the nomination process and its emotional component (Eye Ball Selection process). Let stay on point shall we. Last comment this thread. Gooday

I can answer this easily: because I like it

Ye I like how the 72 is smal and super low to the ground with the gear in the fuselage. Perfect for island hopping.

@MishaCamp… Not a mind reader but; I knew your response from the get go.
Good show. Set/Point… Regards

Nice request!
+1 vote
I’ll love to fly with the ATR-72 in Azul liverie in regional flights

Look at this beauty! :D

It’s a solid airplane. I flew around the Cape Verde islands in TACV’s (Cape Verdean Airlines) ATR-72s. They handle short field ops really well and would be a joy to fly for any short range ops to include island hopping.

But to be honest, I’d prefer that legacy IF aircraft such as the 757 & C-17 get reworked before any new aircraft get added. They are badly in need of better flights physics and other improvements in order to be on par with aircraft like the Dash 8, C-130 & 787.

FEDEX operates a couple of these. I would love to fly them for FEDEX!

Nice to see a mod making feature requests, just shows how much they care XD out of votes though. 😭

Yes they do! I wouldn’t mind seeing these one day in Infinite Flight.

Taken over KSHV by yours truly. Excuse the poor image quality. Back in the ol’ iPhone 5 days.

"Back in the ol’ iPhone 5 days"
iPhone 5’s are still around, I still use one :) If you said flip phone now that is what you call ol’

If this is introduced I would love to fly it to Skardu to chakwal in PIA Livery😊😊

This would be a nice plane to have since there is only one passenger prop as of right now.

I just removed a vote so I could give it to this . That’s how much I want it ;)