All Confirmed Global Features // Global Q&A

Thanks for this post :D

Will there still be a “show terrain” option with the new Global Map?

We don’t know as of yet. Judging by the pictures provided to us by the developers, there will not be a show terrain option for the map. In my opinion, this will be a pain, as I fly regularly in FSX with aircraft with fully working cockpits, and having the terrain map is a huge lifesaver. It’d be great to have this with Global, but unfortunately I don’t think we’ll be seeing it.

I do hope they still have it though. It would look awesome!

I am very optimistic of this option included but this time it would display the terrain of the continents

@FlyFi nice topic. Well put together.

Where have the devs confirmed its entering beta soon just out of interest?

Laura stated that in a Tweet. :)

It’s not confirmed whether we are in beta right now or not. All we know is that you will be able to tell when in beta. Watch liveflight, you will see a change in testers.

@schyllberg - If you make a wiki I’ll add these mate

Great topic, cheers buddy!

Thank you for the useful information! Definitely cleared some things up here on my end.

Delete all the posts too?

Yes, that would also be a great idea.

Evolution of Global Flight

This is now the moderator backed topic for all things related to global features or any relevant information associated.

Do not use this thread for speculation or the normal procedures will be followed in accordance to deal with the issue.

Looking forward to the day this can also be global upon release!

And to add what Misha wrote:
Please read the initial post before posting.

As the list contains all known features and various parameters about Global, there is no point in asking a question like “When?” or “Will we have that?”

If it’s not in there, we don’t know and you might as well ask Santa, Britney Spears or whoever you feel like. Simple as that :)

Laura’s flying in Hurricane Irma… I cannot explain exactly what this picture represents though. Winds / precipitation maybe? (No, we do not have animated precipitation coming in Global.)

@schyllberg hahaha your comments are hilariously funny! But good point… :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that is a radar kind of thing showing the wind conditions.

Just a possibility she is spawned near the hurricane, and those lines are a rough visual guide of the en-route winds whatever direction you are heading, and the hurricane is coincidental