All Confirmed Features in the Global Update and Global Questions Answered
This thread is to be used as a reference for people who are looking to discover every confirmed feature coming in the upcoming Global Flight update.
Lastest Update: The ‘Global Flight’ update has just been released on Apple devices, and is planned to be released on Android within a few days.
All global announcements
A new dawn
The first ever global post. Shown on April fools Day, it was a picture of SoCal viewed from space, named Aprilfools.png. At first people were amazed, then they realised the name. Then moderators began hinting that maybe it wasn’t a prank
A new dawn, continued
Global flight officially confirmed
2016 retrospective and global flight teaser
Global teaser trailer released and multiple features confirmed
What is “Global”?
Released at approximately the same time as alpha started
When is the update?
Explained imagery and topography levels in detail
Global update progress
About a month after beta testing began, revealing lots more 15M satellite imagery
Global update on short final
New global trailer and pricing model released as well as final RTM imminent confirmed
Update has been approved!
The update is set to be released on Apple devices on the morning of October 11th, 2017.
If you have or had a question about the update on your mind, then you’ve come to the right place!
NOTE: All information below is everything we currently know about the update, and all information is relevant to Global Flight, and nothing else.
Confirmed features and enhancements:
- Ability to Search Airports and Fixes
- ATC Fuel Emergency Message
- Cross Region Flights (In regions with corners connecting to another region eg. Paris & London, or if you fly fast enough)
- Dynamic Time / Time Cycles (Daylight shifts depending on what time it is)
- “End Flight” Confirmation Message
- Engine On/Off
- Floating Point Bug Fix(Coordinate system revamped)
- Fuel Burn
- Fuel Dump only for Heavies
- Global Map
- Jetstream/High-Altitude winds (real time winds aloft)
- Low Power Mode
- Moon in Sky
- Moon phases
- New Aircraft Rendering (updated shadows and reflections)
- New Atmosphere
- New Scenic Camera Angle
- New Wing Camera View
- New Connection Icon
- Removed Dimmed Cockpit Windscreens
- Removal of terrain map
- Removal of Singapore region
- No regions in live(the live and global subscriptions will be bundled together, so if you have live you will have global)
- ”Short Final” Mode Fix
- Start Positions Rework
- Stars at night
- Terrain Overhaul (15m resolution satellite imagery in select regions)
- Tuning out of a Frequency
- Updated Fog Rendering
- Updated Map With Gates
- Updated Solo Mode Flight Log Book
- iPad Pro 12.9/10.5 Screen and button optimisation
- Samsung scaling issue fix
- British Airways Boeing 777-300ER (BAW B77W)
- Frontier A320 “Alberta & Clipper: Polar Bears”
- KLM Orange Pride Boeing 777-300ER
Questions and Answers:
Q: Will Global be free?
Q: How much will Global cost?
A: Global pricing:
Name: Infinite Flight Pro - Contains Global, Live, and of the in-app purchases. This means the timeframe is irrelevant to the content - everything is included with every subscription.
1, 6 and 12 month plans
1 months is $9.99 - $9.99 per month
6 months is $49.99 - $8.33 per month
12 months is $79.99 - $6.66 per month
Naturally, the longer the subscription the higher the price, but the better the value.
If you have an existing Live or Live+ subscription, you will automatically be upgraded to Infinite Flight Pro for the remainder of your subscription. You can still purchase new (or additional) Live or Live+ subscriptions until the Global update is fully released, so this is a great opportunity to save a lot of money!
Prices may vary due to app store, tax, and currency conversions.
Q: Can we get a discount on Global?
Q: Will Global be included with a Live+ subscription?
A: Global will be included with both live subscriptions
Q: When is it coming?
A: No date set at this point.
Q: Will you be able to shut down your engines mid-flight?
Q: Will we have engine failures?
A: Unless you count fuel exhaustion as one of them, no.
Q: Can I start my engines individually?
Q: Will Dubai be included?
A: Global means you will be able to fly in every airport in the world. So yes, Dubai, Dallas Fort Worth, Tokyo Narita, whatever airport or region you can think of, it’s coming in Global.
Q: Is the DC-10/MD-11 coming with Global?
A: No. The DC-10 and the MD-11 will be released after the “global” update.
Q: Will I be able to fly infinitely in a Cessna 172?
A: No. Fuel burn calculations for every aircraft are accurate.
Q:Will I have to communicate with ATC during my whole flight?
A: Center will be removed in global V1 - so no, only during departure and arrival.
Q: Will Global be in Solo mode too?
A: Yes, but a Pro subscription is needed.
Q: If I didn’t pay for a Global subscription, will I still have the new terrain?
A: Yes, this update replaces the current terrain and everything else we have now. The only difference is, you will be still limited to regions.
Q: Are there any new planes coming with Global?
A: No, there won’t be any new planes released with this update.
Q: Will there be sloped runways?
A: No. This will possibly be a introduced in later updates.
Q: Will we have dynamic weather such as rain and snow in the update?
A: No. We will have fog and dynamic winds, though.
Q: Will Laura make me a beta tester?
A: What is there to test?
Q: Is there a time lapse feature so I can fly YSSY to KLAX in 30 minutes?
A: No, if you don’t want to fly for 8 hours then don’t fly that route, or leave it while you do something else.
Q:What will happen to regions?
A: For those without a Pro subscription, they will have all features of global except the whole globe. The regions will be new terrain and the same areas, but potentially slightly larger than currently. They will still require a WiFi or cellular connection to stream the terrain. Confirmed here
Q: How much space will this update take up on my phone/tablet?
A: About the same as the current version.
Q: Will Laura answer my PM?
A: Depends on what you said.
Q: What areas will include the high res (15m) satellite imagery?
- Canada (Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and British Columbia)
- East Europe/West Russia
- Thailand (90%)
- Australia and New Zealand
- Contiguous United States 48 states (CONUS)
- Alaska Mainland and Hawaiian Islands, US
- Western Europe and surrounding area (33 countries)
- Japan, Taiwan, North and South Korea
- Israel, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, Western Sahara
- Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan
- Arabian Peninsula (Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain Kuwait, UAE)
- Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Kenya.
Q: What about the other areas?
A: “Very low quality at the moment (500m/pixel, looks very blurry) but the topography (elevations) is accurate (between -60 latitude and +60 latitude, and the rest will be flat) and will still have airports to explore.” (Source)
Q: What servers will there be?
A: There will be the same kind of servers as we have now.
Q: When was Global released
A: On Apple, it was released October 11th 2017, exactly 486 years after the Battle of Kappel
Q: How much space will the update take?
A: The app planes to remain about the same size as before.
Q: Wait, so only 1% of players got the update on day one?
A: No, people figured out by just going to the updates and clicking update.
If you have any more questions (that are NOT answered already), feel free to ask a Regular (TL3) or a Moderator in a PM. They will answer your question and add it in here for you.
Good day and Happy landings!