UK Joins Canada Against Boeing Over Bombardier Investigation File

Couldn’t have just added to mine? Mine broke first ;)

Eh, I like to make a BIIIIIIIIIIIIG deal about this stuff. Things are going to get spicy.

To add to our breaking statements.
First thing, Bombardier now owns a 31% share in the program while Airbus has a 50.01% share.

Secondly, I wanted to highlight this statement in the Bombardier press release.

Partnership brings together two complementary product lines, with 100-150 seat market segment expected to represent more than 6,000 new aircraft over the next 20 years.

Just as I came within 30 seconds of shorting BBD because I thought they had no chance with an Airbus deal. Only time I’m thankful the markets closed before I could pull the trigger.

I bet Airbus is going to shove CSeries down BA to replace A318s in LCY.

Pretty sure BA was planning on doing that already, there really are no better options.

Now this deserves a second post.

Statement from press release:
Growing market for C Series results in second Final Assembly Line in Mobile, Alabama, serving U.S. customers

and

CSALP’s headquarters and primary assembly line and related functions will remain in Québec, with the support of Airbus’ global reach and scale. Airbus’ global industrial footprint will expand with the Final Assembly Line in Canada and additional C Series production at Airbus’ manufacturing site in Alabama, U.S. This strengthening of the programme and global cooperation will have positive effects on Québec and Canadian aerospace operations.

Now, THIS is interesting. Could this effect the tariffs?

Why would there be a second Final Assembly line, ‘serving US customers’, if there is low CSeries interest in the US? Tariffs?

That means no tariff for Delta after all :)

From press release:
Airbus will host an analyst conference call at 07:00 a.m. CEST on 17 October, 2017 with Chief Executive Officer Tom Enders and Chief Financial Officer Harald Wilhelm. A live webcast and presentation will be available at www.airbus.com.

Bombardier will hold an analyst conference call on 16 October, 2017 at 19:45 p.m. ET (01:45 a.m. CEST 17 October, 2017) with a live webcast and detailed presentation available via www.bombardier.com. Present on the call will be Alain Bellemare, President and Chief Executive Officer and John Di Bert, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.

Bombardier conference is in less than half an hour.

Update: Visit Facebook to view the press conference live.

And the press conference is live. Will provide updates to this post. Although I don’t understand French that well.

UPDATES

He said something about Air Canada don’t know what though

CEO (he) is saying this is a big day for CSeries

Talking about assembly line in Alabama
Any aircraft produced there will NOT be subject to duties

Partnership will double value of program

Woman named Dominique Anglade speaking now, I think she may be deputy premier. Speaking in French.

She’s talking about technology, I think I may have hear croissant, but you know…

Barely understood this but I think she said that today is a big day for Bombardier and the Canadian aerospace industry, and there is now more confidence for the CSeries

This airbus guy is speaking and thanking Canada and that this partnership will strengthen stuff etc.

This guy named David Chartland is speaking and is speed talking French and cannot understand a word he’s saying

Doing my best French translation, which is pretty bad. There is minimal English though.

I think there are people asking questions now and are speed talking French

Do check bombardiers twitter in the meantime https://twitter.com/Bombardier

Anglade said something about this being strategic

CEO reinstating that this deal will double value of program whilst answering a question

Listening to live translator now

CEO says that they wanted access and Airbus has given them that option now and they wanted to defend their rights

Hahah, if you want amusement, watch Boeings stock price during the live press conference.

Boeing must feel really small right now. Companies should respect their competition, Airbus certainly do.

Hahah exactly. I think they should just accept the L and focus on their 757 replacement.

I personally think that Bombardier has a better chance of launching a CS500 in the future because of the circumstances that have taken place

Updated Article

I’m so happy to hear this! Good on them with getting onboard, finally Airbus can get some hard revenge.

Precisely.
http://business.financialpost.com/transportation/airlines/airbus-sends-a-thank-you-card-to-donald-trump-and-boeing-gadfly

– – – – – – –
This article was on the front page of the newspaper this morning.

The small conflict has escalated to the two aviation giants (yet again)

Its always the same case of “the enemy of my enemy is my ally”

You don’t think it ends here? How come?

What would end?

Assuming you refer to the rivalry of Airbus and Boeing, they’ll always be rivals, I doubt neither will compromise to the other. This is sort of how aviation progresses i guess as they don’t rest on their laurels.

Bombardier flirted with China before Airbus was in the picture. I wonder how things had looked with a Comac/Bombardier constellation.